Our Cooter Shooter target is 3/8” AR500 and measures 11 ¾” in width and 19 ¾” in length. It has two round 4 7/16” targets at top and one 4” target on bottom and welded to the back so they swing upon contact. The target is easy to set up and made to hang several different ways check out our options below.
Through years of shooting we found most of our competitors bolt their targets on with a small piece of chain, which for pistols it’s fine, but if you spend much time shooting them with a rifle the links in the chains brake. So know with your AR500 Steel-Targets reactive targets you can focus on shooting and having fun not walking down range to fix your target.
Bear in mind misuse of firearms can result in bodily harm.
- As always safety first, shooters and spectators should ALWAYS wear proper hearing and eye protection while shooting.
- Do not shoot targets with steel jacketed, steel core, armor piercing rounds of any kind.
- If it’s not lead and copper it’s not made to shoot steel .
- Soft points, hard cast lead, was cutters and hollow points are all great choices for shooting steel.
- Don’t use any steel that’s visibly damaged or deformed.
- Buyer assumes ALL responsibility for the use and misuse of steel targets.
- ALL targets ship Unpainted or primed
Our targets are designed to withstand centerfire handgun (magnum handgun may need to be further) use at 12 yards or further and up to a .308 at 100 yards or further, up to 3000 FPS at impact.
FREE Shipping on All Orders Over $150
As the name suggests, reactive targets react when they are hit. The reaction can be seen, heard, or both. Training with a reactive target makes marksmen learn up to 10% faster as the shooter starts to associate the target’s reaction with the positive event of hitting the target. The body stores the sequence of muscle movements that brought about the positive experience, making learning easier.